Housing advice and assistance
Welcome to The London borough of Bromley’s Council’s Housing Options Service. If you are homeless, worried about becoming homeless, or would like advice and assistance to resolve a housing problem, we invite you to share with us the details of your housing situation by completing our online Housing Advice and Assistance Form. Please make sure that you have read the information and instructions below before clicking 'Next' to complete the form.
The online form should take approximately 20 minutes to complete. If you have registered and are logged into the MyBromley Account, you will be able to save your form and return to later to edit and submit.
In completing the Form, you will be asked to provide the following information:
- Personal information, including your email address and National Insurance number.
- Financial information, such as details of your income, assets, savings and expenditure.
- Medical information, including details of any treatment you are receiving.
- Your five year address history - we will ask you to detail and explain any address changes and where you have rented privately or stayed with family/friends, we may require contact details of the landlord and/or other household members.
- Household information - including the address history and personal information of each household member.
Please ensure that you have all of the above information to hand before you begin completing the form.
Once the form has been completed, you will be given a reference number. Please keep a record of this number as you may be asked to provide it later on. A member of staff will typically contact you via telephone within 1-2 working days of receiving your form to discuss your situation and advice you of your options. If we cannot resolve your enquiry over the phone and need to carry out a further assessment of your circumstances, you will be offered an appointment with a Housing Options Officer.
Please be aware that you will not be offered an appointment unless you have first completed the online assessment form. It will take around 20 minutes to complete.